Hello to all our lovely patients
we thought it would be nice
to let you know what happens
at your oral health review to
give you an idea of our approach
to your dental health care.
We’ve broken it down into 16 key aspects – .
- We have a good look around your
mouth and provide a complete
oral health review individual to you.
- A check on your medications and
medical conditions –
these can have an effect on
your mouth so we like
to keep a check on these.
- We talk about any changes since
your last visit and if you have any
- Any existing dental work is
thoroughly checked to make sure
work is still sound.
- We check for plaque which can
cause major tooth and gum
problems and discuss how to
reduce this to keep your
- Your gums are examined to help
detect gum disease and gum recession.
- Your bite is assessed as the way
your teeth meet can effect your jaw.
- We look for signs of wear on your
teeth and discuss reasons for it
and how to prevent it.
- We take a look at your tongue,
cheek and palate as these can be
affected by health conditions and
react to medication.
- An oral cancer screen will be done
to detect any early signs.
- Your jaw joint is checked to make
sure movements are normal.
- Where appropriate radiographs
will be taken to detect early decay.
- We can help advise on treatments
to help improve function, colour
and appearance of your teeth
if this is something that
- Following from your comprehensive
oral health review any treatment
needed is tailored to your individual
needs and wishes.
As you can see its pretty
comprehensive as we aim to
give you peace of mind
knowing that you’re in great shape.
If you need to book you can call
the reception on
I’d be happy to coordinate
Gemma – Appointment coordinator